Wednesday 4 July 2012

that moment I've waited for

Little Miss is 11mths old today, Missy Moo will be 23mths old tomorrow, Monkey Man will be 3 in less than 2 weeks and yesterday all 3 of my babies played happily together for more than 2.5 seconds. For real. And I've been waiting for this day for along time.




There were some issues, don't get me wrong. Little Miss is only just working out how to stand without help and her new found independence is very exciting for us all. The kids forget she is there I think and that shes not as steady or as strong as they are, and they tend to knock her over a bit.

But for a few brief minutes they played happily. together. They got along, there was no fighting, there was no screaming, no hitting, no pushing and no tears. . .  I watched on and positively beamed with pride. These cheeky monkeys are my whole world and moments like these, short lived or otherwise, make it all worthwhile. They also make me question my decision to go back to work. The guilt never goes away does it??? I wonder if this balance I'm searching for is ever going to appear??


Photobucketxx

1 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And the entertaining each other only gets better and better :)

    Balance is so subjective - just make sure you get moments where you love your career, moments where you are soaking your kids up and moments where you feel like "you" and you have it as good as it is really going to get :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them