Sunday 24 June 2012

passing the baton

Today I taught my almost 3 year old son how to do the 'Burger Ring hand' . . . it was his first time ever having Burger Rings, and thus his first time ever doing the Burger Ring hand. . .  it was a truly special moment between mother and son, and he mastered it first time. I couldn't be prouder!!

When I was a kid Burger Ring chips were very popular. There were lots of play ground rituals around Burger Rings - you wanted to get a pack with lots of chips full of flavouring, so full there was no hole in the middle and you ate the entire pack by doing the 'Burger Ring hand' where you put a ring on each finger and then ate them off your hand. You then had to lick the flavouring off your hands. mmmm good times! And my boy, he took to it like a duck to water.


I have lots of good memories from my childhood, and funnily enough alot of them are food related. I can't wait to introduce my kids to Paddlepops, Dixie Cups, Push Pops, Samboys, Spider Cokes, etc. They already love the smurfs and I've got Cabbage Patch Dolls on the birthday list - they're called Vintage now. Care Bears and My Little Pony have been modernised but I'm hoping at least my girls are into them. If you remember any of this stuff then you're a child of the 80's like me - sing it proud, the 80's rocked!!

Anyone else planning on introducing their childhood to their children?


Photobucketxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them