Sunday 20 May 2012

I've got a friend . . .

I've got a friend who bombards my facebook feed with 100's of photos of her kids. Every.single.day. Yes they're cute but her obsession with sharing every single thing they eat, play with, every grubby face, every cheesy smile, is quite frankly out of control. She posts photos every day. Nearly every status update is about the kids, the good, the bad and the ugly. She is quite clearly obsessed with her kids and has lost who she is or was pre motherhood. She is driving people crazy.


Oh wait, she is me.

I'm sure, actually I know I am driving my family, friends and even 'pretend friends' as my husband calls them, mental with status updates, photos and hell, my blogs about my kids. I'm sorry. I am out of control.

The first step to addressing a problem is to admit you have a problem right? Well, I do. I really do have a problem. My kids are cute, my kids are my whole life and I am obsessed.

More importantly, I won't apologise for it.

I'm sure this obsession comes from the fact there aren't many photos of me as a child. There are even less of my brother who was 3 years younger than me. By the time he was born my Mum was in the throws of becoming a single mum and she did the best she could with the resources she had. I don't blame her, in fact I feel she did a great job - we're both relatively normal and well adjusted. I think I just want to make sure I can show my kids their childhood on film, so to speak. I don't want to miss or forget a thing.

I worry with three kids so young and so close in age that as each day gets the better of me, I will forget stuff. I already have to refer to my baby books and FB updates to remember how old each child was when they cut their first tooth or took their first step, their first word etc. I already mix up who said mum first and who said dad first and my youngest hasn't said either yet? It's busy, its hectic and whilst I wouldn't change a thing, I would happily accept time slowing down just a touch. It's all going so fast, and I know they will be grown up and leaving home before I know it.

Yes, I probably drive you all nuts with the dribble I go on with. I overshare on facebook and yes I possibly overshare on my blog although really, it could be worse. I could be like my friends who share about their:
  • sex life
  • love for their partner in soppy, vomit worthy, mushy ways
  • arguments
  • attention seeking tendencies
  • hatred for their boss (and forgets their boss is their FB friend?)
  • inability to spell correctly
you know who you are!!

At the end of the day, its my facebook page, my blog and if I wanna go on about my kids I will. I do filter what I say. I think about work related status updates before I make them, and edit accordingly. I also think twice about having work people as online friends, no matter how many times facebook suggests I become friends with my old boss. I remind myself that my in-laws read my blog so perhaps I shouldn't slate my husband today despite the fact he pissed me off alot. I don't slag anyone off after an argument for fear of a) airing my dirty laundry in public and b) what happens when the argument is over? Once a statement or thought is out there its rather difficult to take it back.

If you don't like what someone puts on their facebook page or similar, then don't follow it, or work out how to use the technology so they're not in your newsfeed.

And if you're like me, feel free to keep sharing as I will. I'm thinking about setting up a FB addict group. We can all 'check in' when we get there, 'share' our addiction and 'post' photos of our sexy selves, and everyone can 'like' it. or not.



Photobucketxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them