Monday 7 May 2012

Five Fictional Friends

The lovely Rhi from Hummingbirds Song blogged about her 5 Fictional Friends today and as a result I've been thinking about mine all day. Who would I want to be friends with, if these were real people??

A couple came to mind without hesitation:

1. Anne Shirley

Anne Shirley as in Anne of Green Gables, my favourite childhood fictional character. Why? So many reasons. The times, the simple times of yesteryear, the fashions, the innocence and the old fashioned values. Its whats missing from today I feel. I won a colouring competition when I was about 9 years old and the prize was gift vouchers for a book store. As a book worm from an early age, this was awesome! I spent my vouchers on the entire series and read it over and over and over. I've seen the movie 100 times although still prefer the books, and I can't wait to introduce this beautiful story to my kids.









2. Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie needs no introduction really, but the lead character in the series Sex and The City. I LOVED SATC, have watched the TV episodes and the movies multiple times. Whilst the fashion is an obvious reason, I mean the shoes alone had my complete undivided attention, it wasn't just the fashion that made me love Carrie. The friendships she had with the 3 other girls were complicated and varied but beautiful. She was always there for them, always dependable and reliable and no one rocked a designer frock like she did. I loved her and we would totally go shoe shopping together.








3. Willy Wonka
Willy Wonka from Roald Dahl story, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Firstly he could supply me with a lifetime supply of chocolate (oh drooooool). Secondly, he is dark, sarcastic, slightly evil and maybe even a little psychotic. Love it! Imagine having him at a dinner party??














My last two were a bit harder to come up with. I thought of books I've loved rather than TV shows and funnily enough the two that I chose have been both novel and TV characters.


4. Becky Bloomwood

Becky Bloomwood, the lead character in a series of books by Sophie Kinsella. Confessions of a Shopaholic started it all and wow, people talk about a book 'speaking' to you. This did. I too am a shopaholic, although I have nothing on Becky! I loved reading all the books, following her journey from singleton to wife and mother, all while shopping.... Funny, smart and very street smart and I loved how she got her man in the end. Becky, Carrie and I could totally go on a girls shopping weekend together.










5. Belle Du Jour
The actual Belle Du Jour is a real person so technically I shouldn't be calling her fictional, but I learnt all about Belle reading 'Intimate Confessions of a London Callgirl'. The TV series with Billie Piper is pretty good too, again though nothing compares to the book. Wow, what a life. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a prostitute but what a life she's lead. The stories this woman could tell, dinner parties, in fact life, would never be boring again! And imagine Belle and Willy (hahaha) having too many wines and hooking up?!?! Hilarious!!






Who are your Five Fictional Friends??


Photobucketxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them