Tuesday 7 February 2012

its all about me - update #1

It's been a while since I spoke about my 'it's all about me' action plan, mainly because Christmas and the whole silly season threw me well and truly off the wagon. I did it to myself because I wanted to enjoy the time so I stopped dieting. I mean after 3 consecutive Christmas' of not eating ham, soft cheeses, prawns or drinking alcohol etc I figured I was entitled to forget points and portion serves and just enjoy. And enjoy I did as that plan saw me put a few kgs on and as January began, clothes were getting tighter, again. I tell you, it's a merry go round that never seems to quit?? So back on the wagon I went. The weekend just gone marked 6 months since my Little Miss was born so what better time to do a bit of an update.
In 6 months I have lost 19kg and an entire dress size (and a half). That's pretty good even if I say so myself! Afterall, it took me 32 years of eating the wrong things, sitting on my ass & 3 consecutive pregnancies to get to where I am and while I hope it won't take as long to get back to a healthy me, I need to be patient.
I'm comfortable in most of my clothes, anything that was too big has been binned, sold or donated. I still have some stuff thats too small but I WILL get into it and I gotta tell you, I'm excited about buying new jeans!!
I think overall I am probably my own worst enemy. I am my harshest judge, and often don't see that I've done a good thing - I see that I could have done better. Well not tonight josephine. I'm saying job well done and keep up the good work, to myself! haha
Could I share pictures of myself and weigh in on national TV in my underwear ala The Biggest Loser?? Ummmmm no and I admire those people for having the courage to stand up there and say 'this is me'. I will share a dressed pic of me though, so this is me last weekend and I hope to keep seeing those scale numbers go down, down, doowwwwwwnnnn.

1 comments:

Share your thoughts, I'd love to hear them